A service this station has provided for as long as I can remember is giving its listeners a Thought For The Day. During the course of its programming, a thoughtful saying or phrase is given to us to consider and meditate for the day. These thoughts are spearheaded by Mr. Gerry Williams (Mrs. Teresa Daily assisting) and repeated several times throughout the day by the other DJs of the radio station.
Below is a collection of some of these thoughts and sayings shared on the air over the last few weeks. If you want to quote any of these thoughts please be sure to give credit to the radio station WIHS 104.9 FM. If you wish, you may contact Mr. Gerry Williams via email – email@example.com with any questions you may have.
1) Our heavenly Father longs to spend quality time with His children.
2) Praise is the song of a soul set free.
3) Eyes of faith see God at work in everything.
4) You are walking in the right direction when you are walking with God.
5) Although we live in this world, we must declare our allegiance to heaven.
6) People will know that God is love when they see it in our lives.
7) When we put our problems in God’s hands, He puts His peace in our hearts.
8) Present choices determine future rewards.
9) Humility will keep us where we ought to be—grateful to God and dependent on His strength.
10) The Lord may calm your storm, but more often He’ll calm you.
11) Don’t lose heart today as you go about following God’s ways.
12) When we’re feeling overwhelmed and discouraged, look up.
13) Jesus’ unfailing love anchors our souls so that we do not drift away.
14) The Lamb who died to save us is the Shepherd who lives to lead us.
15) In God’s garden of grace, even a broken tree can bear good fruit. – Rick Warren
16) Jesus has already overcome the world. To Him goes all the credit.
17) Christ’s empty tomb guarantees our victory over sin and death.
18) The Creator’s love pursues us and desires to make us for His own.
19) God sends warnings to protect us, not to punish us.
20) Courage will follow when faith takes the lead.
21) God keeps giving us reasons to praise Him.
22) Witnessing isn’t just a job to be done, it’s a life to be lived.
23) Go to the Bible for your protection, correction, and direction.
24) The God who created the universe is the God who loves you.
25) A thorough understanding of the Bible is better than a college education. – Theodore Roosevelt
26) God’s work isn’t over when we receive salvation – it has just begun.
27) One taste of God’s grace can make us lose our hunger for the world.
28) When God leads us through troubled waters it’s to deepen our trust in Him.
29) Spending quiet time with God will bring quiet rest from God.
30) Walk so close to God that nothing can come between.
31) For a new start, ask God for a new heart.
32) God keeps our feet steady and walks with us all the way.
33) To avoid going wrong, follow God’s leading.
34) God really cares when we suffer.
35) The resurrection is the foundation of our faith.
36) God can transform a tragedy into a triumph.
37) For the Christian, death is the doorway to glory.
38) God the Father has given us the ultimate example and meaning of love – His Son, Jesus Christ.
39) Following Jesus is always right—but not always easy.
40) We need not fear the troubles around us as long as the eye of the Lord is on us.
41) You can trust God in the dark as well as in the light.
42) Faith in an all-sufficient Christ enables us to press on.
43) Jesus showed us that the way to exaltation isn’t through pride and self- centeredness, but through humility. – Dr. David Jeremiah
44) Cast all your care upon the Lord because He is deeply concerned with what concerns us.
45) Praise flows naturally from a grateful heart.
46) No one can bypass Jesus and get to heaven.
47) The world crowns success; God crowns faithfulness.
48) Walking in the love of Jesus Christ enables us to get closer to others for His glory.
49) In every desert of grief, God has an oasis of grace.
50) Our list of praises will grow longer as we reflect on all that God has done.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –