The Christian radio station that I listen to daily is WIHS 104.9 FM based out of Middletown, CT. To me, those involved with this station are broadcasting the gospel of Jesus Christ throughout the world.
A service that this station has provided for as long as I can remember is giving its listeners the Thought For The Day. During the course of its programming a thoughtful saying or phrase is given to us to consider and meditate for the day. These thoughts are spearheaded by Mr. Gerry Williams (Mrs. Teresa Daily assisting) and repeated several times throughout the day by the other DJs of the radio station.
Below is a collection of some of these thoughts and sayings shared on the air over the last few weeks. If you want to quote any of these thoughts please be sure to give credit to the radio station WIHS 104.9 FM. You may contact Mr. Gerry Williams via email – email@example.com with any questions you may have.
1) Joy is a byproduct of obedience.
2) We know how to love when we know how Christ loved us.
3) Through the years of waiting and attempts to help things along, Abraham hung on to the precious promises of God.
4) To grow old, free of bitterness, is the finest gift we can leave our family.
5) Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you will discover that He is the rock at the bottom.
6) With all the daily pressures of life, let us remember to entrust our care to God’s mighty hand.
7) Don’t let feelings be an obstacle to worship. Worship God because of Who He is and what He deserves—and feelings will follow. – DR. DAVID JEREMIAH
8) Our obedience to God flows freely from a heart of love.
9) There’s a big difference between the books men make and the Book that makes men.
10) When we can’t see God’s hand, we can trust His heart.
11) Knowing that God wants to use our afflictions to strengthen our faith shows us we can trust His heart.
12) Forgiveness is the glue that repairs broken relationships.
13) When Jesus is our sole satisfaction, we will have true satisfaction in our soul.
14) Remember, Jesus came to find us, for we could never have found Him if left to ourselves.
15) It is not the ship in the water but the water in the ship that sinks it. So it is not the Christian in the world but the world in the Christian that constitutes the danger.
16) Joy is a fruit of the Spirit that’s always in season.
17) The tongue has no bones, but can break a heart. So be careful with your words.
18) Having peace with God does not ensure problem-free living, but it surely keeps us steady through difficult times.
19) Today we have the choice to accept Jesus Christ and His free gift of salvation or to reject Him and lose that gift. Don’t wait too long.
20) The fellow that has no money is poor. The fellow that has nothing but money is poorer still. – BILLY SUNDAY
21) Jesus Christ was born to die, so we could be born again.
22) Christ coming to earth to die in our place at Calvary is the purest measure of true love.
23) The Lord will lovingly restore all those who return to Him.
24) One day everything will become clear, until then celebrate the mystery and make the most of every opportunity.
25) In God’s service, our greatest ability is our availability.
26) Those who walk with God won’t run from the needs of others.
27) God is loving and kind enough to care about our smallest concern and faintest whisper.
28) God will use the very thing that others thought would break you, to build and bless you.
29) The waters are rising, but so am I. I am not going under, but over. CATHERINE BOOTH (co- founder of the Salvation Army)
30) As we grow in strength in our spiritual life, we give up the habit of worrying. It serves no purpose other than to make us feel tense and miserable.
31) God’s Word tells us of His love; our words tell Him of our love.
32) God is our source of joy, strength and peace in times of need.
33) God’s well of salvation and grace never runs out.
34) Let no man pull you low enough to hate him. – DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR.
35) When we enter the Christian life, we enter a battleground—not a playground. Let’s be ready. – CHUCK SWINDOLL
36) Sometimes it’s what we turn off that gives us a greater connection, – DUNCAN PHILLIPS (drummer of The Newsboys)
37) It’s nice to be important, but it`s more important to be nice. – MARVIN BLAND
38) Trusting God’s faithfulness dispels our fearfulness.
39) A diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials.
40) Our rough edges must be chipped away to bring out the image of Christ.
41) Great pilots are made in rough waters and deep seas.
42) With God on your side winning is just a matter of time.
43) God has already proven His love for you.
44) When we bend our knees to pray, God bends His ear to listen.
45) When you feel lost, look to God for direction.
46) We will influence future generations by living for Christ today.
47) Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. – EPHESIANS 6:10 (NKJV)
48) Rest your assurance on God’s love in your heart— not on the fear in your mind.
49) True humility credits God for every success.
50) Keep running the race with eternity in view.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –