A service this station has provided for as long as I can remember is giving its listeners a Thought For The Day. During the course of its programming a thoughtful saying or phrase is given to us to consider and meditate for the day. These thoughts are spearheaded by Mr. Gerry Williams (Mrs. Teresa Daily assisting) and repeated several times throughout the day by the other DJs of the radio station.
Below is a collection of some of these thoughts and sayings shared on the air over the last few weeks. If you want to quote any of these thoughts please be sure to give credit to the radio station WIHS 104.9 FM. If you wish, you may contact Mr. Gerry Williams via email – firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
1) When trouble overtakes you, let God take over.
2) In prayer, God can quiet our minds.
3) Be a warrior, not a worrier.
4) Faith in the living God can take the fear out of living.
5) Prayer is the bridge between panic and peace.
6) The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.
7) Excuses will always be there for you, opportunity won’t.
8) God will show us how to serve Him – wherever we are.
9) Be stronger than excuses.
10) Attempt great things for God; expect great things from God.
11) Decay starts when growth stops.
12) It’s better to give others a piece of your heart than a piece of your mind.
13) Faith is seen in our actions.
14) Our words have the power to build up or tear down.
15) God’s Word gives us protection, correction and direction.
16) Jesus can transform our routine into meaningful service for Him.
17) Stress makes you believe that everything has to happen right now. Faith reassures you that everything will happen in God’s timing!
18) When you think of all that is good, give thanks to God.
19) Since the Lord knows our limits, He will limit our load. (Reference: 1 Corinthians 10:13)
20) Encourage one another and build each other up. – 1 Thessalonians 5:11
21) God already knows how to deliver us. He has options we have never dreamed of.
22) Through His cross and resurrection, Jesus rescues and redeems.
23) Our God is never predictable, but He is unfailingly reliable.
24) God never wastes our sorrows. There is purpose for every painful situation.
25) It’s not too late for a fresh start.
26) Live so when people get to know you they will want to know Christ.
27) The more we learn about our heavenly Father, we gain more confidence of His love for us.
28) We must never stop praying, for God’s delays are not necessarily His denials.
29) Assurance of salvation is not in what you know but in Who you know.
30) God is a God of purpose. He grants pain only with a productive plan in mind.
31) Once we understand Who stands beside us in times of trouble, our confidence in Him will be strong as He teaches us and leads us to victory.
32) Faith in Christ is more than a single step, it’s a lifetime walk with Him.
33) God’s grace in the heart brings out good deeds in the life.
34) Sin brings fear; confession brings freedom.
35) What matters is not faith and works; it is not faith or works; it is faith that works.
36) Yielding to God’s Spirit within prevents conforming to the world without.
37) Even when situations seem to be meaningless, God still has a purpose for our lives.
38) God gives us an amazing range of freedoms and we are always free to ask for His wisdom.
39) The same God who clothes the lilies and the grass of the fields has promised to take care of us.
40) A salty Christian makes others thirsty for Jesus, the Water of Life.
41) Only God can transform a sinful soul into a masterpiece of His wonderful grace.
42) The straight and narrow way is God’s way for a crooked generation.
43) You live in a hard world, but you don’t have to live with a hard heart. – MAX LUCADO
44) When it comes to problems, the way out is to trust God on the way through.
45) Christ’s cleansing power can remove the most stubborn stain of sin.
46) Nothing worth having comes easy.
47) The condition for God’s blessing is absolute surrender of all into His mighty hands.
48) Jesus’ lowest moment was our highest. – GREG LAURIE
49) Faith bridges chasms that reason cannot fathom.
50) Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. – Psalm 68:5 (NLT)
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –