A service this station has provided for as long as I can remember is giving its listeners a Thought For The Day. During the course of its programming a thoughtful saying or phrase is given to us to consider and meditate for the day. These thoughts are spearheaded by Mr. Gerry Williams (Mrs. Teresa Daily assisting) and repeated several times throughout the day by the other DJs of the radio station.
Below is a collection of some of these thoughts and sayings shared on the air over the last few weeks. If you want to quote any of these thoughts please be sure to give credit to the radio station WIHS 104.9 FM. If you wish, you may contact Mr. Gerry Williams via email – email@example.com with any questions you may have.
1) When the world around us is crumbling, Christ is the solid Rock on which we stand.
2) The Word of God [the Bible] reminds us that God’s deliverance comes in His time.
3) Your spiritual birth must be based on what Jesus has done, not what you have done.
4) Jesus laid down His life to show His love for us.
5) Use the past as a springboard, not as a sofa.
6) Don’t be obsessed with getting more material things you don’t have; be relaxed with what you have.
7) When the Holy Spirit sees an opportunity to glorify God throughly you, He will take your whole being and set you ablaze with devotion to Jesus.
8) The storm that was sent to you to break you will be the storm God uses to make you.
9) Trust in the Lord’s timing.
10) Before people want to hear what you say, they want to know that you care.
11) Do not fear what is ahead, God is with you.
12) You can be a glimpse of God’s love to someone.
13) The Lord encourages us to remember that as we obey His Word, we can depend on His faithful care for all that lies ahead.
14) Jesus is not a crutch for the weak. He is the source of new spiritual life! He makes us new and whole.
15) The best gift you can give to others may be your time.
16) Don’t define your happiness by what others think of you.
17) As we keep our eyes on Jesus through all our difficulties, we can find His peace and security.
18) Let God’s Word fill your mind, rule your heart, and guide your tongue.
19) When we keep our minds on God, His Spirit keeps our minds at peace.
20) When life knocks you down, you’re in the perfect position to pray.
21) May our emotions be our expression of our love and worship to our Lord and may they touch those around us.
22) God is always in control behind the scenes, even on “ordinary” days.
23) We may not speak or understand many languages, but we know that the Holy Spirit equips us to connect with people in other ways.
24) Our greatest privilege is to enjoy God’s presence.
25) When people are more important than profits, everyone profits
26) God can bring times of growth out of our times of heartache.
27) The goal of Bible study is not just learning but living.
28) What you decide about Jesus will determine your destiny.
29) We can trust God to do what we cannot do.
30) There is no excuse for excusing sin.
31) When you know God’s grace, you’ll want to show God’s grace.
32) Taking time to be with God is the best way to find strength.
33) Prayer does not require eloquence but earnestness.
34) God’s gift of mercy cost Jesus dearly, but He offers it freely out of His deep love for us.
35) Prayer is simply an honest conversation with God.
36) To conquer the habit of complaining, count your blessings.
37) No tragedy is beyond God’s sovereignty.
38) We strengthen our spiritual hearts through the Word of truth, the Bible, and receive its message of God’s grace and goodness.
39) We haven’t learned to live until we’ve learned to give.
40) The truth of Christ is the only path to freedom.
41) A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor can we be perfected without trial.
42) If you have received Christ by faith, you have everything you need – and more.
43) The hope of Jesus shines brightly even on our darkest day.
44) Faith must be tested, because it can only become our ultimate possession through conflict.
45) When your burdens overwhelm you, remember that God has His arms underneath you.
46) Time in Christ’s service requires time out for renewal.
47) Believe steadfastly on Jesus and everything that challenges you will strengthen your faith.
48) A life filled with love for the Lord and others is a fulfilling life.
49) Compassion is needed to heal the hurts of others.
50) Even when everything seems meaningless, God still has a purpose for your life.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –