Every Monday through Friday a little after 7:00 AM (EST), the radio announcers Gerry Williams and often with Teresa Daily both of station WIHS 104.9 FM, provide their listening audience the Bible Trivia Question for the day. They would present a question pertaining to the Bible and after a subsequent short programming is over, they would give the answer.
If you have been a Christian for several years, the answers to most of the questions would be obvious. Other questions would be a challenge. Quite often, trying to answer the question leads you to another train of thought. That done, you now have spent a little more precious time on the things of God.
I know many of you have to get ready for school or work during that portion of the WIHS program (EST), so I have compiled a list of 25 questions and answers from past broadcasts and made it a quiz for you to try. Even what you may consider as trivial knowledge comes in handy when you are bridging and studying the major themes and doctrines contained in the Bible.
So take the quiz and do not peek at the answers located at the bottom of the list until you have attempted to answer them. Okay?
Score yourselves – maximum 100 points:
4 points for every correct answer
2 points for every partially correct answer
1 point for being close
0 points for blanks
Bible verse reference not required but add 1 point for referencing the correct Bible book.
A = 90 – 100 points
B = 80 – 89 points
C = 70 – 79 points
D = 60 – 69 points
F = Below 60 points (retake quiz as soon as possible!)
Keep taking the quiz until you have achieved a perfect score of 100.
Remember: What Biblically seems trivial to us is important to God for you to think and meditate to use later on.
Notes: 1) All Bible references are from the New King James Version (NKJV), unless noted otherwise.
2) Previous Bible quizzes can be found by clicking “Bible Quiz” in the Categories column of this website.
1) It is written, “be swift to hear, slow to …” what?
2) What did God create on the fifth day?
3) Jesus said, “… whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to… ” what?
4) Paul said in Ephesians that God “Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers for…” what purpose?
5) Jesus said you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven unless you do what? [hint: It’s in the book of Matthew]
6) The apostle Paul said that “Christ Jesus came into the world to …” do what? [hint: It’s in 1 Timothy)
7) How many prophets of Baal gathered to meet Elijah as stated in 1 Kings 18?
8) What was the name of Elisha’s father?
9) Jesus said, “If you were of the world, the world would….” what?
10) It is written in the book of Daniel that those who turn many to righteousness shall be likened unto what?
11) It is written in the book of Isaiah, ” fear not, for I have” what?
12) What did Abraham give to the high priest, Melchizedek?
13) In the book of Deuteronomy Moses told the Israelites that when they come into the Promised Land to not do something. What did he tell them not to do?
14) It is written in the book of Psalms, “Delight yourself also in the Lord,
and He shall …” do what?
15) Jesus said, “For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words of him …” what?
16) It is written, “the tongue of the righteous is …” like what?
17) What was Jesus’ physical and emotional state when led into the wilderness?
18) In the book of Proverbs it says, “He who earnestly seeks good finds …” what?
19) According to the Scriptures, who was the father of Melchisedek?
20) In the region of Samaria, there was a man by the name of Simon who was known for practicing something. What was his practice?
21) It is written in 2 Corinthians, “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us …” what?
22) When the people converge for the Lord’s Supper, what does the apostle Paul say they should do first?
a) Examine themselves
b) Wait for each other
23) Jesus said, “Whoever desires to come after Me, let him … ” what?
24) The Bible states God will keep us in perfect peace when we do what?
25) Jesus said, “… he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has …” what?
1) Slow to speak, slow to wrath (James 1:19 NKJV)
2) All creatures of the sea and skies (Genesis 1:20-23)
3) A wise man who built his house on the rock (Matthew 7:24 NKJV)
4) For the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:12 NKJV)
5) Unless you are converted and become as little children (Matthew 18:3 NKJV)
6) Save sinners (1 Timothy 1:15 NKJV)
7) 450 (1 Kings 18:19)
8) Shaphat (1 Kings 19:16,19; 2 Kings 3:11; 2 Kings 6:31)
9) Love its own (John 15:19 NKJV)
10) Like the stars for ever and ever (Daniel 12:3)
11) Redeemed you (Isaiah 43:1 NKJV)
12) A tenth of the spoils from battle (Genesis 14:18-21; Hebrews 7:1-2)
13) Not learn to follow the abominations of those nations (Deuteronomy 18:9 NKJV)
14) The desires of your heart (Psalms 37:4 NKJV)
15) …”of him the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His own glory” (Luke 9:26 NKJV)
16) Choice silver (Proverbs 10:20)
17) He was full of the Holy Spirit (Luke 4:1) or Hungry (Matthew 4:1-2)
18) Favor (Proverbs 11:27 NKJV)
19) He was without mother and father (Hebrews 7:1-3)
20) Sorcery (Acts 8:9)
21) A far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory (2 Cor. 4:17 NKJV)
22) b) Wait for each other (1 Corinthians 11:33)
23) “… deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.” (Mark 8:34 NKJV; Luke 9:23 NKJV)
24) Keep our minds stayed on Him (Isaiah 26:3 NKJV)
25) Everlasting life (John 5:24 NKJV)