A service this station has provided for as long as I can remember is giving its listeners a Thought For The Day. During the course of its programming a thoughtful saying or phrase is given to us to consider and meditate for the day. These thoughts are spearheaded by Mr. Gerry Williams (Mrs. Teresa Daily assisting) and repeated several times throughout the day by the other DJs of the radio station.
Below is a collection of some of these thoughts and sayings shared on the air over the last few weeks. If you want to quote any of these thoughts please be sure to give credit to the radio station WIHS 104.9 FM. If you wish, you may contact Mr. Gerry Williams via email – email@example.com with any questions you may have.
1) Our God is faithful, we can trust Him to lead us and care for us no matter what we face.
2) Confession is the key that opens the door to forgiveness.
3) We may not understand the reason for the path we are on, but we can trust Him to help us and grow in faith and maturity.
4) Respond to the lies of Satan with the truth of God’s Word.
5) The best safeguard for the younger generation is a good example by the older generation.
6) What might God do through us when we pray and learn to love others as we love ourselves?
7) When we accept Christ as our Savior and receive His mercy and forgiveness, we will no longer be separated from God.
8) Your problems can never exhaust God’s provisions.
9) Worry fades away when know our future is secure in God’s hand.
10) Prayer for those in authority is both a privilege and a duty.
11) When we keep our mind on God, God will keep our minds at peace.
12) When we pray in humility, turn from wickedness, and seek God, He hears us.
13) When others let you down, look up.
14) When we think about God’s faithfulness in our lives, we know He is willing and able to turn our griefs into dancing.
15) Conviction makes us sad—confession makes us glad.
16) Real contentment comes from doing God’s will in His strength and in His way.
17) Bearing one another’s burden helps make the burden bearable.
18) If you look at the world,
You will be distressed.
If you look within,
You will be depressed.
If you look at God,
You will be at rest. – CORRIE TEN BOOM
19) We can endure this life’s trials because of the next life’s joys.
20) Being honest about our struggles allows us to help each other.
21) Jesus can turn your sorrow into dancing.
22) Gratefulness is the heart’s response to God’s undeserved love.
23) There is life-changing power in the words of Scripture because they point us to the Giver of Life, Jesus.
24) God is a safe dwelling place in life’s storms.
25) We don’t need to fear the storm with Jesus as our anchor.
26) Never measure God’s unlimited power by your limited expectations.
27) Jesus is the only One who can calm our restless and weary souls.
28) As the world grows darker, the promised return of the Son grows brighter.
29) It’s God’s choice to love you and make you part of His Family.
30) Our gadgets and our possessions may break or be misplaced, but it is our relationship with the Lord that will never fade away.
31) No matter how confusing your situation, remember that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are praying for you. (Romans 8:22, 34)
32) As “the salt of the earth”, Christians should make others thirst for the Water of Life.
33) Because God cares for us, we can leave our cares with Him.
34) We can face any fear when we know the Lord is near.
35) The storms of our life prove the strength of our Anchor.
36) Our faith is good if it’s in the right Person.
37) As we depend on Christ, He will take us through the most difficult challenges and safely lead us home.
38) While Jesus is preparing a place for us, the Holy Spirit is preparing us for that place.
39) Communion is the Lord’s reminder to us of His love and provision.
40) There will be more reflection of Jesus when there is more reflection on Him.
41) Celebrate and use failure instead of fearing it.
42) It is impossible to love Christ without loving others.
43) Whatever struggles we face in our attempt to live for Christ, we can trust in His presence.
44) Living in the past paralyzes the present and bankrupts the future.
45) God’s Spirit is your power source — don’t let sin break the connection.
46) When you grasp, you lose; when you give to God and others, you win.
47) The warm fellowship of the church will keep your heart from growing cold.
48) Our generosity has nothing to do with how much money we have, but rather how much of us the Lord has.
49) When anger, tension or bitterness threatens our relationship with the Lord and with others, it helps to remember that “a cheerful heart is medicine” for our own health and well-being.
50) The point of your life is to point to Him.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –