Every Monday through Friday a little after 7:00 AM (EST), the radio announcers Gerry Williams and often with Teresa Daily both of station WIHS 104.9 FM, provide their listening audience the Bible Trivia Question for the day. They would present a question pertaining to the Bible and after a subsequent short programming is over, they would give the answer.
If you have been a Christian for several years,
the answers to most of the questions would be
obvious. Other questions would be a challenge.
Quite often, trying to answer the question leads
you to another train of thought. That done, you
now have spent a little more precious time on
the things of God.
I know many of you have to get ready for school or work during that portion of the WIHS program (EST), so I have compiled a list of 25 questions and answers from past broadcasts and made it a quiz for you to try. Even what you may consider as trivial knowledge comes in handy when you are bridging and studying the major themes and doctrines contained in the Bible.
So take the quiz and do not peek at the answers located at the bottom of the list until you have attempted to answer them. Okay?
Score yourselves – maximum 100 points:
4 points for every correct answer
2 points for every partially correct answer
1 point for being close
0 points for blanks
Bible verse reference not required but add 1 point for referencing the correct Bible book.
A = 90 – 100 points
B = 80 – 89 points
C = 70 – 79 points
D = 60 – 69 points
F = Below 60 points (retake quiz as soon as possible!)
Keep taking the quiz until you have achieved a perfect score of 100.
Remember: What Biblically seems trivial to us is important to God for you to think and meditate to use later on.
1) According to 1 John, why should we “not believe every spirit”?
2) It is written to “repay no one evil for…” what?
3) How many wings does a seraphim have?
4) According to Malachi, “The Sun of Righteousness shall arise” to those who what?
5) In what town did people come and find John the Baptist baptizing?
6) Jesus said to His disciples in the book of John, “It is to your advantage that I go away.” Why did He say that?
7) In the book of Acts, Peter addressed the crowd saying, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive….” what?
8) In the Bible, what brings great gain?
9) In 2 Corinthians, Paul says,”thanks be to God who leads us in ,,,” what?
10) In the book of Ecclesiastes, what does the preacher say increases sorrow?
11) According to 1 Thessalonians, we are not to quench what?
12) A psalm of David says, “The Lord is near to those who have…” what?
13) What appeared just before Elijah was taken up to heaven?
14) In the book of Romans it says that, “the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with…” what?
15) With what article of clothing did Elijah use to part the waters of Jordan?
16) When Jesus overturned the tables of the money changers in the temple, He said “My house shall be called a house of prayer, but you have made it a …” what?
17) Jesus said to His disciples: “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in” ….what?
18) Who was Jacob’s first born son?
19) It is written, “He who has a slack hand becomes poor, but the hand of the diligent makes …” what?
20) Who was Jesus Christ referring to when He said, “Wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this [person] has done will also be told as a memorial.”
21) David, in the Psalms, said, “In the day when I cried out, You answered me,
and made me … ” what?
22) Jesus said,“If anyone desires to be first, he shall be …” what?
23) It is written, “All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a …” what ?
24) It is written, “Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem … ” for what reason?
25) After breaking bread during the Last Supper, Jesus said the disciples would stumble because of who?
1) Because false prophets are in the world (1 John 4:1)
2) Evil (Romans 12:17)
3) a. Six (Isaiah 6:1-2)
4) Fear His name (Malachi 4:2 NKJV)
5) Bethabara [Bethany in other manuscripts] (John 1:28 NKJV)
6) So that the Helper (the Holy Spirit) would come to you (John 16:7 NKJV)
7) The gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38 NKJV)
8) Godliness with contentment (1 Timothy 6:6)
9) In triumph in Christ (2 Corinthians 2:14)
10) Much wisdom and increase in knowledge (Ecclesiastes 1:18 NKJV)
11) The Spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:19)
12) A broken spirit (Psalm 34:18 NKJV)
13) A chariot of fire and horses of fire (2 Kings 2:11)
14) Groanings (Romans 8:26 NKJV)
15) His mantle (2 Kings 2:8)
16) Den of thieves (Matthew 21:13 NKJV)
17) My name (Matthew 24:4-5 NKJV)
18) Reuben (Genesis 29:32; Genesis 35:23)
19) Rich (Proverbs 10:4 NKJV)
20) The woman with the alabaster box of ointment (Matthew 26:13 KJV)
21) Bold with strength in my soul (Psalm 138:3 NKJV)
22) Last of all and servant of all (Mark 9:35 NKJV)
23) Shepherd divides his sheep from the goats (Matthew 25:32 NKJV)
24) Suffer many things (Matthew 16:21 NKJV)
25) Because of Him [Jesus Christ] (Matthew 26:31 NKJV)