Every Monday through Friday a little after 7:00 AM (EST), the radio announcers Gerry Williams and often with Teresa Daily both of station WIHS 104.9 FM, provide their listening audience the Bible Trivia Question for the day. They would present a question pertaining to the Bible and after a subsequent short programming is over, they would give the answer.
If you have been a Christian for several years,
the answers to most of the questions would be
obvious. Other questions would be a challenge.
Quite often, trying to answer the question leads
you to another train of thought. That done, you
now have spent a little more precious time on
the things of God.
I know many of you have to get ready for school or work during that portion of the WIHS program (EST), so I have compiled a list of 25 questions and answers from past broadcasts and made it a quiz for you to try. Even what you may consider as trivial knowledge comes in handy when you are bridging and studying the major themes and doctrines contained in the Bible.
So take the quiz and do not peek at the answers located at the bottom of the list until you have attempted to answer them. Okay?
Score yourselves – maximum 100 points:
4 points for every correct answer
2 points for every partially correct answer
1 point for being close
0 points for blanks
Bible verse reference not required but add 1 point for referencing the correct Bible book.
A = 90 – 100 points
B = 80 – 89 points
C = 70 – 79 points
D = 60 – 69 points
F = Below 60 points (retake quiz as soon as possible!)
Keep taking the quiz until you have achieved a perfect score of 100.
Remember: What Biblically seems trivial to us is important to God for you to think and meditate to use later on.
Notes: 1) All Bible references are from the New King James Version (NKJV), unless noted otherwise.
2) Previous Bible quizzes can be found by clicking “Bible Quiz” in the Categories column of this website.
1) Where did the Thessalonians mostly spread the Word of God?
2) In the book of Matthew, Jesus sent His disciples on a healing campaign. What did He tell them to do if anyone or any town rejected them?
3) The apostle Paul said that “the preaching of the cross is to them that perish is” what ?
4) The angel of the Lord who descended from heaven and rolled back the stone from the tomb and sat on it had a countenance described as being as what?
5) The apostle Paul told the Corinthian church “that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men but in…” what?
6) As the women who saw the empty tomb were told by the angel that Christ was risen departed to declare it to the others, Jesus met them and told them to tell the disciples to go where?
7) After the resurrection, Jesus said, “All authority has been given to me in…” where?
8) Who brought bread and meat to Elijah when he was hiding from King Ahab?
9) When the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost had fully come, there came a sound from heaven as that of what?
10) Who in the New Testament is described as “the voice of one calling in the wilderness”?
11) It is written, “In the multitude of words ______ is not lacking,”
12) It is written, in the book of Hebrews: “…let us consider one another in order to …” what?
13) In the book of Jude, murmurers and complainers use their words to:
14) The apostle Paul wrote in the book of Colossians to: “set your mind on”. .. what? things above, not on things on the earth.
15) What three things does Jude compare ungodly men?
16) It is written in the book of Psalms that “the Lord preserves the …” who?
17) The apostle Paul, in his letter to Timothy, said that “in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having …” what seared?
18) The Bible says “bodily exercise profits a little”, but what “is profitable for all things”?
19) It is written that “the day of the Lord so comes as a …” what?
20) If you seek God, you will find Him if you seek Him with… what?
21) The apostle Paul said, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who …” what?
22) According to the Bible, what should be our response to those who persecute us Christians?
23) In the New Testament it says: “you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but … ” what?
24) In the book of Colossians it says to: “Let the peace of God” do something. What?
25) In the Bible it says, “Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to … ” who?
1) Macedonia and Achaia [Greece] (1 Thessalonians 1:8)
2) When departing from that house or city, shake the dust off their feet (Matthew 10:14)
3) Foolishness (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV)
4) Like lightning (Matthew 28:2-4 NKJV)
5) The power of God (1 Corinthians 2:5 KJV)
6) Galilee (Matthew 28:10)
7) In heaven and on earth (Matthew 28:18 NASB)
8) The ravens (1 Kings 17:6)
9) A rushing mighty wind (Acts 2:1-2)
10) John the Baptist (John 1:23; Luke 3:2-6)
11) Sin (Proverbs 10:19 NKJV)
12) Stir up love and good works (Romans 10:24 NKJV)
13) c) Flatter (Jude 16 KJV)
14) On the things above, not on things on the earth. (Colossians 3:2 NKJV)
15) Clouds without water,
trees without fruit,
raging waves of the sea (Jude 12)
16) The simple (Psalms 116:6 NKJV)
17) Conscience seared with a hot iron (1 Timothy 4:1-2 NKJV)
18) c) Godliness (1 Timothy 4:8 NKJV)
19) A thief in the night (1 Thess. 5:2; 2 Peter 3:10; Matt. 24:43-44; Rev. 3:3)
20) With all your heart (Deuteronomy 4:29; Jeremiah 29:13)
21) Believes (Romans 1:16 NKJV)
22) Bless them (Romans 12:14; see also Matthew 5:44)
23)Through love serve one another (Galatians 5:13 NKJV)
24) Rule in your hearts (Colossians 3:15)
25) Those who are of the household of faith (Galatians 6:10 NKJV)