Every Monday through Friday, a little after 7:00 AM (EST), the radio announcers, Gerry Williams and often with Teresa Daily both of station WIHS 104.9 FM, provide their listening audience the Bible Trivia Question for the day. They would present a question pertaining to the Bible and after a subsequent short programming is over, they would give the answer.
If you have been a Christian for several years, the answers to most of the questions would be obvious. Other questions would be a challenge. Quite often, trying to answer the question leads you to another train of thought. That done, you now have spent a little more precious time on the things of God.
I know many of you have to get ready for school or work during that portion of the WIHS program (EST), so I have compiled a list of 25 questions and answers from past broadcasts and made it a quiz for you to try. Even what you may consider as trivial knowledge comes in handy when you are bridging and studying the major themes and doctrines contained in the Bible.
So take the quiz and do not peek at the answers located at the bottom of the list until you have attempted to answer them. Okay?
Score yourselves – maximum 100 points:
4 points for every correct answer
2 points for every partially correct answer
1 point for being close
0 points for blanks
Bible verse reference not required but add 1 point for referencing the correct Bible book.
A = 90 – 100 points
B = 80 – 89 points
C = 70 – 79 points
D = 60 – 69 points
F = Below 60 points (retake quiz as soon as possible!)
Keep taking the quiz until you have achieved a perfect score of 100.
Remember: What Biblically seems trivial to us is important to God for you to think and meditate to use later on.
Notes: 1) All Bible references are from the New King James Version (NKJV), unless noted otherwise.
2) Previous Bible quizzes can be found by clicking “Bible Quiz” in the Categories column of this website.
1) According to Psalm 34, “Those who hate the righteous shall be … ” what?
2) According to the book of Mark, the scribes said Jesus spoke blasphemies to a paralytic man. What did Jesus say to the paralytic that angered the scribes?
3) Whose vineyard did king Ahab covet?
4) What prophet pronounced doom on king Ahab?
5) Where was the apostle Paul born?
6) Who was chosen to take Judas’ place with the twelve disciples?
7) What kind of tree did Zacchaeus climb to see Jesus?
8) “Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have” … what with God?
9) When Jesus sent His disciples out on a campaign, what did He send them out with?
10) In the book of Isaiah it says “I make peace and create …” what?
11) It is written, “we are more than conquerors through …” what?
12) What kind of trees from Lebanon did king Solomon deire for the construction of the temple?
13) What should we “come boldly unto”?
14) Where was rhe ark of the covenant housed before Solomon brought it to the temple?
15) In the book of 2 Samuel, it was reported to David and his men that king Saul and his son had been killed in battle. Upon hearing this news, what did David and his men do?
16) In the opening chapters of Revelation it says, “Blessed is he who …” What?
17) Who wrote the book of 2 Thessalonians?
a) Paul and Silas
b) Paul and Timothy
c) Silas and Timothy
d) Paul, Silas, and Timothy
18) The apostle Paul said in 2 Timothy, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the ….” what?
19) Paul, addressing the Philippians, said to not only to believe in Him [Christ] but to do what for His sake?
20) In the book of 2 Samuel it is written that in his distress David did something. What did he do?
21) According to 2 Thessalonians, “God will send them [the unrighteous] strong delusion, that they should …” what?
22) What does the Holy Spirit say to Timothy will happen in the last days?
23) The apostle says “Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us … ” what? watch and be sober.
24) In Luke 24 Jesus spoke to the disciples to wait for “the promise of My Father upon you”. Wait for what?
25) In the book of Revelation, it is written that Michael and his angels fought against who?
1) Condemned (Psalm 34:21)
2) “Son, your sins are forgiven you.” (Mark 2:5-7 NKJV)
3) c) Naboth (1 Kings 21:1-2 NASB)
4) Elijah (1 Kings 21:14-19 NASB)
5) Tarsus of Cilicia (Turkey) (Acts 22:3; Acts 9:11; Acts 21:39)
6) Matthias (Acts 1:21-26)
7) Sycamore tree (Luke19:4)
8) Peace (Romans 5:1 NKJV)
9) Nothing, except staff, shirt and sandals (Mark 6:7-9; Luke 1:1-5)
10) Calamity (Isaiah 45:7 NKJV)
11) Him [Christ] who loved us (Romans 8:37 NKJV)
12) Cedar (1Kings 5:6)
13) The throne of grace (Hebrews 4:16 NKJV)
14) Zion, the city of David (1 Kings 8:1)
15) Tore their clothes (2 Samuel 1:11-12)
16) Reads and hears the words of this prophecy (Rev. 1:3 NKJV)
17) d) Paul, Silas and Timothy (2 Thessalonians 1:1)
18) Faith (2 Timothy 4:7 NKJV)
19) Suffer (Philippians 1:29 NKJV)
20) Called onto God (2 Samuel 22:7 NKJV)
21) Believe a lie (2 Thessalonians 2:11 NKJV)
22) Some will depart from the faith (1 Timothy 4:1 NKJV)
23) Watch and be sober (1 Thessalonians 5:6 NKJV)
24) They receive the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:49; cf Acts 2:1-4)
25) The dragon [Satan] and his angels (Revelation 12:7)