Every Monday through Friday, a little after 7:00 AM (EST), the radio announcers, Gerry Williams and often with Teresa Daily both of station WIHS 104.9 FM, provide their listening audience the Bible Trivia Question for the day. They would present a question pertaining to the Bible and after a subsequent short programming is over, they would give the answer.
If you have been a Christian for several years, the
answers to most of the questions would be
obvious. Other questions would be a challenge.
Quite often, trying to answer the question leads
you to another train of thought. That done, you
now have spent a little more precious time on
the things of God.
I know many of you have to get ready for school or work during that portion of the WIHS program (EST), so I have compiled a list of 25 questions and answers from past broadcasts and made it a quiz for you to try. Even what you may consider as trivial knowledge comes in handy when you are bridging and studying the major themes and doctrines contained in the Bible.
So take the quiz and do not peek at the answers located at the bottom of the list until you have attempted to answer them. Okay?
Score yourselves – maximum 100 points:
4 points for every correct answer
2 points for every partially correct answer
1 point for being close
0 points for blanks
Bible verse reference not required but add 1 point for referencing the correct Bible book.
A = 90 – 100 points
B = 80 – 89 points
C = 70 – 79 points
D = 60 – 69 points
F = Below 60 points (retake quiz as soon as possible!)
Keep taking the quiz until you have achieved a perfect score of 100.
Remember: What Biblically seems trivial to us is important to God for you to think and meditate to use later on.
Notes: 1) All Bible references are from the New King James Version (NKJV), unless noted otherwise.
2) Previous Bible quizzes can be found by clicking “Bible Quiz” in the Categories column of this website.
1) In the book of John, what did Jesus say when He saw Nathanael approaching Him?
2) Jesus said ” … the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will…” do what?
3) It is written, ” A false witness will not … ” what?
4) In the book of James it says, “… let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to …” what?
5) How many fruits of the Holy Spirit did the apostle Paul initially mention?
6) Which one of these is not the fruit of the Holy Spirit?
d) Self control
7) Who did the apostle John see dressed in white robes around the throne of God?
8) In the book of Revelation, the apostle John, in a vision, was told by an angel to do what with a book he had in his hand?
9) It is written in the book of Proverbs, “The Lord gives wisdom and from His mouth comes … ” what?
10) It is written in the book of Ephesians, to be “not drunk wherein is excess, but be filled with … ” what?
11) In the book of Proverbs it states that “the Lord lays up (something) for the righteous.” What does He lay up?
12) What or who perfects our salvation?
b) Studying the Bible
c) Assembling with other believers
13) It is written that grace and truth came by Jesus, but what was given by Moses?
14) What is the apostle Paul’s prayer on behalf of the Philippians?
15) The book of Revelation quotes Jesus saying, ” I come quickly and my __(what?)_ is with Me.”
16) The apostle Paul in 2 Timothy said”I have fought a good fight _______ I have kept the fight”. In between these two phrases Paul said what?
17) What did the apostle Paul, as their spiritual father, beseech the Corinthian church to do?
18) Before Steven was stoned, he saw something. What did he see?
19) What was the first recorded act of obedient worship in the Bible?
20) According to the book of Proverbs, “The mouth of the righteous is…” what?
21) It is written, “Honor your father and your mother so that …” what?
22) According to the book of Titus, what should the aged women NOT be?
a) False accusers
b) Given to much wine
d) Both a and b
23) It is written in the book of Proverbs, “Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who ___what?__shall be praised.”
24) According to the book of Titus, Paul left Titus in Crete in order to ordain whom?
25) In reference to the armor of God, it is written we are to gird our waist with what?
1) “Here truly is an Israelite in whom there is no deceit.” Or “guile” in KJV (John 1:47)
2) Worship the Father in spirit and truth (John 4:23 NKJV)
3) Go unpunished (Proverbs 19:5 NKJV)
4) Wrath (James 1:19 NKJV)
5) Nine (Galatians 5:22) [count them!]
6) b) Hope (Galatians 5:22)
7) The twenty four elders (Revelation 4:4 NKJV)
Those who come out of the great tribulation (Revelation 7:13-14 NKJV)
8) Eat it (Revelation 10:9)
9) Knowledge and understanding (Proverbs 2:6)
10) The Spirit (Ephesians 5:18 KJV)
11) Sound wisdom (Proverbs 2:7 KJV)
12) c) God (Philippians 1:6 NASB)
13) The Law (John 1:17)
14) That their love may abound toward God and man (Philippians 1:9 NKJV)
15) Reward (Revelation 22:12 NKJV)
16) I have finished my course (2 Timothy 4:7 NASB)
17) To be followers of him because he followed Christ (1 Corinthians 4:16 NKJV)
18) He saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. (Acts 7:55 NKJV)
19) The worship of Abel (Genesis 4:1-4; Hebrews 11:1-4 NKJV)
20) A well of life (Proverbs 10:11 NKJV)
21) So that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you. (Exodus 20:12 NKJV; Deuteronomy 5:16 NKJV; Ephesians 6:2-3 NKJV)
22) d) Both a and b (Titus 2:3 KJV)
23) Fears the Lord (Proverbs 31:30 NKJV)
24) Ordain elders in every city, as he had appointed Titus: (Titus 1:5 KJV)
25) Truth (Ephesians 6:14 NKJV)