A service this station has provided for as long as I can remember is giving its listeners a Thought For The Day. During the course of its programming a thoughtful saying or phrase is given to us to consider and meditate for the day. These thoughts are spearheaded by Mr. Gerry Williams (Mrs. Teresa Daily assisting) and repeated several times throughout the day by the other DJs of the radio station.
Below is a collection of some of these thoughts and sayings shared on the air over the last few weeks. If you want to quote any of these thoughts please be sure to give credit to the radio station WIHS 104.9 FM. If you wish, you may contact Mr. Gerry Williams via email – firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
1) The more we fulfill ourselves, the less we will see God.
2) Because Christ is alive, we too shall live.
3) The Lord yearns for us to be united and, through His Holy Spirit, He can bring His people together.
4) The promise of heaven is our eternal hope.
5) The state of our heart is more important than the size of our gift.
6) God is there, ready to help and comfort us. All we need to do is to move in His direction and away from whatever scares us.
7) In the realm of grace, the word “deserve” does not apply.
8) The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful will your life become.
9) The biggest work a Christian can do is to introduce others to Jesus Christ.
10) No deed is small when it is done for Christ.
11) The evidence of God’s guidance can be seen more clearly by looking back than by looking forward.
12) Jesus will help us to serve others and provide guidance to those who need it.
13) God is not nearly as concerned with our ability as He is with our surrender.
14) In each and every day, may we cast away all that may prevent us from walking in God’s love.
15) When we look to the Lord for our sense of peace and well-being, He will fill us with His goodness and love.
16) Caring for the burdens of others helps us to forget about our own.
17) At Calvary’s cross, we stand at the crossroads to heaven or hell.
18) We are not in a race for an earthly prize but the ultimate reward from our heavenly Father for being more like Jesus.
19) God uses present circumstances to prepare us for the future.
20) The Lord will hold on to us during unpleasant times because He is preparing us for something greater.
21) Dear Lord, When I am afraid please remind me that you are holding my hand and giving me peace. (ref. ISAIAH 41:13)
22) What happens to us is not nearly as important as what God does in us and through us.
23) God can purge our hearts of the sin that destroys our intimacy with Him and others.
24) Everyday we can reject destructive habits and experience new life in Jesus.
25) Do your best and let God do the rest.
26) Praising God helps us recall His goodness that never ends.
27) Living for Jesus is not a part-time job.
28) To accept God’s will is to experience God’s peace.
29) Each of us can talk to God at any time and hear Him speak through His Word and His Holy Spirit.
30) Come to God in confidence that He is listening and is ready to help.
31) Good friends don’t abandon us. As the Lord reminds us, “I will never leave you or forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5).
32) God sees the dings and the dents and even the lost pieces in our lives. And He can restore them.
33) There is great reward in following the Lord and it is so worth it.
34) Gracious words are always the best words.
35) To be a peacemaker, let the peace of Christ reign in your heart
36) Other people may share your burdens, but only you can carry your cross. – JONI EARECKSON TADA
37) God is more ready to forgive me than I am ready to offend.- CHARLES HADDON SPURGEON
38) Jesus, our Advocate, can turn a prison of lost hope, fear or regret into the place of His presence.
39) Brokenness can lead to wholeness.
40) Jesus is our peace.
41) The only freedom a man ever has is when he becomes a slave to Jesus Christ. – R. C. SPROUL
42) God engineers everything. Wherever He puts us, our one great aim is to pour out a whole-hearted devotion to Him in that particular work. – OSWALD CHAMBERS
43) Sin always divides; grace always unites. – ERWIN LUTZER
44) One day our sorrow will be turned into joy.
45) Time spent with the Lord is time well spent.
46) We may not be able to touch Jesus physically, but we can entrust the weightiest circumstances of our lives to Him.
47) Fears flee in the light of God’s presence.
48) Our knowledge is limited, but knowing Christ is what matters most. We can trust Him.
49) Sometimes the best witness is love.
50) To know love, open your heart to Jesus. To show love, open your heart to others.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –